Class of 2021 FAQs
Diamond Ranch High School
Date: June 15, 2020
To: DR Graduating Class of 2021
From: Robin Raco
Re: Senior Info #1: Summer News
Aloha to Our Next Senior Class,
Although it is summer, it is time to begin working on next year!
Normally, PSS Imaging, our school photographer comes to school, during summer, to make taking senior portraits easier.
Give that we are still on stay-at-home orders and that DR is still closed, that is not possible this summer. Seniors must make appointments and go to the PSS Imaging’s Studio in Anaheim to take senior portraits.
I recommend that you do this during the summer for several reasons. Once school begins, everyone gets busier and it becomes more difficult to schedule appointments. We are not the only school that PSS covers, and most schools have yearbook deadlines about the same time. If you wait to make an appointment, you might not be able to schedule an appointment in time for our deadline. Take your picture sooner, rather than later. Make an appointment SOON, by visiting the website: www.pssimaging.net A flyer from PSS is attached to this memo.
I would also like to point out that, IF something should happen and we need to have pictures of all graduates, these are the pictures we will use.
It is a DR tradition to photograph the seniors for the yearbook in graduation gowns. Because of the need to clean and disinfect clothing after each use, that will not be possible. This year we will photograph seniors for the yearbook layout in self-selected and self-provided dressy attire.
- Please remember that this is a school publication.
- In general, follow the dictates of the school dress code…..
Wear tasteful blouses/tops
No plunging necklines
No strapless tops
No spaghetti strap tops
A dressy shirt and tie
If desired, a dark jacket or vest
- Senior Tee Shirt and Sweatshirt
Hopefully, you followed the Instagram reveal of your class mascot…..It is Kermit the Frog.
We are accepting pictures for art work for the tee shirt and sweatshirt.
If you want to submit art work,
- Send just the art work – Do not draw a tee shirt and put the art work on it.
- Do not use copyrighted images.
- Send proposed art work as a pdf attachment on an email to me at (Raco@pusd.org) by Monday, June 22, noon.
We use several avenues to communicate with seniors, so please make sure you are connected to the following ….
- In Touch Phone Calls – These are the automated telephone calls that I make periodically to alert students and parents of important information. The number called is the first number entered in guardian contacts in the PUSD Zangle system. Please have your parents check to make sure the number is accurate. Telephone numbers can only be changed by parents accessing Parent Connect. Also, please note that when you hear that pause that signals a recorded message, wait to hear the voice (Good evening DR Graduating Class of 2021…) so the message isn’t mistaken for one from a telemarketer.
- The Senior Class Officers Instagram – drseniors21.
- The DRHS Webpage – specifically under the FAQs.
Have a Great Summer!
I look forward to seeing all of you in the fall!